Corporate Identity: How to Create Yours?
Corporate identity is a set of visual elements that are associated with the company (logo, colors, fonts).
With the help of corporate identity and good marketing strategy brand moves to the masses. For example, it is the logo (usually containing the name) that is remembered by customers. Logo often contains visual elements that reflect the activities of the company.
You need corporate identity:
- For maintaining the company’s image, increase in awareness. Corporate identity creates an attractive image of the company, with a positive perception of the target audience.
- For the output of new products to the market at a lower cost, increase in advertising effectiveness and improvement of memorability.
- As an element of corporate culture.
- Corporate identity creates a sense of community for employees.
A good logo is easy to remember, it is very easy to describe and to repeat yourself.
To create a corporate identity either a freelancer or a web studio will go.
In any case, make sure that at least the following criteria are met:
- Trademark. The main element of corporate identity. A registered designation of a product or a company that is used by the owner to identify the goods.
- Logo. A picture or logo of the company, that is also used for identification. Typically it is used on the website, business cards.
- Gamma of colors. Many companies can be identified by distinctive color combinations. When choosing colors, it is not advisable to use a lot of colors, maximum 3-4 colors are enough.
- The set of fonts. Regularly used fonts in text materials. They should also correlate with the general idea, colors and logo. Selected fonts should be readable.