Stages of website design development
Before embarking on a new project, you need to define its purpose. For example, for website design development the following objectives may be set:
1) Achieve recognition
2) Turn the site into a visiting card
3) Achieve maximum usability
4) Make the site better and more beautiful than those of competitors, etc.
Based on the defined objectives, stages of website design development are set:
- Some customers who already have a domain may require a plug at the time of site development. Therefore, the first step can be defined as “Site development – plugs”.
- In parallel with it, or the second stage of development will include the creation of corporate identity and logo.
- Irrespective of the fact who the customer is when ordering a site, he always wants to get better results than its competitors. Therefore, you should either get information about competitors from the customer himself or search for it yourself.
- When all the graphic elements used by the client are approved (corporate identity, etc.), it’s time to think about an approach to the design development. Depending on the project purpose, the approach may be absolutely various. If it is a redesign, you may study what you have at hand. If the client has any ideas and suggestions, start considering them.
- Once you already have an idea of all the tools you are going to work with, make a list of all further pages, instruments to be used , information and possible sections.
- After gathering all the information, proceed to its simplification. Design a site map and partitions, get rid of unnecessary pages.
- Finally, only at the 7th stage, open a graphic editor and start to draw. Choose a map of colors, prepare the home page. Many designers prepare a couple of options. Of course the possibility to choose is always welcome, but introducing the first option to the client for consideration, even if it is not finished, you get information about your mistakes, on successful elements and begin to work further in the same direction. In this way you save your time.
- Consider prototyping of internal pages. If the design of the home page is approved, then comes the development of its design.
- In the end, pay attention to details, such as static data, buttons, icons and other graphics.