Mobile version of a site: why and how?
Adaptive design for different screen resolutions of electronic gadgets has become the current standard for the development of sites. However, the percentage of such sites on the Internet is still not high. And sites that have a mobile version are even fewer. So is it worth creating a separate version of the site for mobile phones or it is still enough to make responsive design?
Why you need a mobile version of the site?
1. Using the mobile version of the site on smart phones and mobile phones is much more convenient: there is no need for horizontal scrolling, all the features work correctly.
2. In the mobile version additional features may be developed which are aimed precisely at this target group of visitors: arrange SMS sending directly from the site, determine the location and distance to the nearest point of sales, etc.
3. Navigation of such sites is adapted for touch screen, which is also much more convenient.
4. Mobile version of the site is easier, it comes with less volume code, so it loads faster, thus reducing costs for the user to download it in case of mobile traffic.
5. Search engines use a mobile search for phones, and therefore the mobile version of the site will be ranked higher, and thus there will be more conversions to your site.
Types of mobile version of sites
Mobile version may be identical to the main site: the same structure, content and design. This effect can be achieved even with special services without turning to developers.
Independent mobile version of the site. Here the structure and the functional fully change and only stylistic conformity is repeated, partially elements and content, so the user knows that he is on the same site.
What is required for a mobile version of your site?
1. Design is perhaps the most important component. Maximum ease and simplicity – these are the recent trends in design for mobile sites .
3. Content optimization. This especially refers to pictures: they must be light both in size and in kilobytes.
4. Usability. A good navigation is the key to a successful mobile site.
Which sites need a mobile version?
Studies show that it is appropriate to create a mobile version of the site for the following sites:
• Reference sites
• Social networks and services
• Web services
• Online stores